|Events on map||1|
1:15000, 5m contours, computer generated with fieldchecked trails.
PRODUCTION AND REVISIONS:Created in 2022 by David Bakker. Open Orienteering Mapper 0.9.5 file created at 1:15000.
Crown Provincial land, but in a recreation site. Section 16 authorization from Revelstoke Office of Sites and Trails BC required for in person events, also requires a Letter of Understanding from the Back Country Horsemen of BC - Shuswap Chapter.
The contact person for Back Country Horsemen is Linda - she is awesome. Leanne is the (current as of 2022) campground manager, and should also be kept in the loop, but no Letter of Understanding required.
Two separate recreation sites, one for the trails, and the other for the campground area immediately around the lake:
Portions of the map are private land, but are marked out of bounds.
None - data generously donated by Forsite Constulting.
North or South to Skimikin Lake road (Downhill), depending on the portion of the map.
CELL PHONE COVERAGE:
- Telus/Koodoo/Public Mobile/Bell/Virgin - Patchy. Eastern portion has pretty good coverage, with minimal reception around the lake area. Western half of the map has no service, but some pockets of emergency calling only.
- Rogers - Not Tested
- East end of the lake floods out into mud flats during the spring, but should not be used at any time because of its environmental sensitivity.
UNIQUE SAFETY CONCERNS:
- Bears live on this map
- Creek can be very full in spring
- Barbed Wire Fences
- Traffic on Skimikin Lake Road
- Motorized & Equestrian Trail Users
- Nearest Hospital: Shuswap General Hospital
- Shuswap Volunteer Search And Rescue: Call 911
- RCMP: Call 911
- Main Trailhead: 50.786367, -119.438142
PICTURE TAKEN BY SAGE ON MAP:
None taken yet.
Events on this map
|Skimikin Adventure Run (SA)||Jun 19, 2022|