|Events on map||10|
Hand Drawn 5 Meter contours from processed low quality 2010 LiDAR basemap.
PRODUCTION AND REVISIONS:
Originally created in 2012-2013 by Brian May in OCAD with major updates in 2015 by the May Family and David Bakker including conversion to Open Orienteering Mapper file type.
Almost complete re-map (over 90% of map objects altered or completely re-drawn) in 2021 by David Bakker including updating to OOMapper 0.9.5 file type and ISOM2017-2 map standard.
City of Salmon Arm Park
Some parts of the map hidden underneath layout info are private.
MAJOR EVENTS:Sage Stomp 2021
Safety Bearing: North to Railroad/Lake.
CELL PHONE COVERAGE:
- Telus/Koodoo/Public Mobile/Bell/Virgin - Excellent.
- Rogers - Not Tested
UNIQUE SAFETY CONCERNS:
- Traffic on Major Roads
- Large Silt Cliffs on west end of map, and very steep slopes along northern edge of park
- Bear habitat, although bears rarely in the area
- Nearest Hospital: Shuswap General Hospital
- Shuswap Volunteer Search And Rescue: Call 911
- RCMP: Call 911
- Canoe Beach Overflow Parking Lot: 50.755860, -119.239313
- Baseball Diamonds Parking Lot: 50.755873, -119.235379
PICTURE TAKEN BY SAGE ON MAP:
None taken yet.
Events on this map
|Park Hill - Canoe (SAT) (SA)||Sep 3, 2015|
|Park Hill (SAW)||Jun 20, 2016|
|Park Hill (SA)||Jun 19, 2017|
|Park Hill/Canoe Beach (SA)||Jun 25, 2018|
|Park Hill (SA)||Jun 24, 2019|
|Park Hill (SA)||Sep 26, 2019|
|Park Hill (SA)||Mar 21, 2021|
|Park Hill (SA)||Sep 5, 2021|
|Park Hill Training (SA)||May 4, 2023|
|Park Hill Self-Directed (SA)||May 6, 2023|