|Events on map||2|
1:10,000 (mapped at 1:15000); 5m contours
Map Image (300dpi letter sized paper) below shows only the eastern half
of the map. Map file includes two layouts - one for eastern half, one
for western half each set up for letter sized paper at 1:10000. If you want a different map layout made, email David.
PRODUCTION AND REVISIONS:
This is a computer generated map - not fieldchecked! Trails are hand-traced from Strava Heatmap, Orthos, and Hillshades. Contours, Cliffs, and Vegetation solely computer generated. Buildings & Residential hand traced.
David Bakker (2020) in Open Orienteering Mapper 0.9.2. ISOM2017-V2.LAND OWNERS:
Crown land within Lake Country Municipality, but not a park or numbered rec site. Parts of the map are on private property (boundaries shown with a hidden symbol in the map file).
Safety Bearing: East to Barbed Wire Fence along Highway 97 if using the eastern part of the map. If using the western part of the map, west to fence/subdivision road.
CELL PHONE COVERAGE:
- Telus/Koodoo/Public Mobile/Bell/Virgin - Excellent (entire map multiple bars)
- Rogers - Not Tested
UNIQUE SAFETY CONCERNS:
- Some Cliffs
- Barbed Wire Fences (some ruined through middle of map)
- Motorized Off-Road Vehicles & Other Trail Users
- Nearest Hospital: Vernon Jubilee Hospital from all trailheads (~25 minutes), or Kelowna General Hospital (~30 minutes)
- Central Okanagan Search And Rescue: Call 911
- RCMP: Call 911
Not Filled in Yet
Events on this map
|Spion Kop East (OK)||Apr 30, 2020|
|Spion Kop West (OK)||May 17, 2020|