|Events on map||4|
5 Meter contours from raw LiDAR basemap.
PRODUCTION AND REVISIONS:Created in 2017 by David Bakker. Open Orienteering Mapper file created at 1:15000 but best printed at 1:10000 on a letter sized sheet.
About half the map likely to be logged in the next 2 years (August 2020) - flagging tape for planned areas is already out in the woods.
Entirely crown land. No permissions requires, but lots of dirtbikers use the area. Best to contact Dirt Biking club about event dates to avoid heavy dirtbiking use: http://shuswapdirtriders.com/
Safety Bearing: West (Downhill) to fence - go further west to private farmland in valley bottom if very lost.
CELL PHONE COVERAGE:
- Telus/Koodoo/Public Mobile/Bell/Virgin - Good (Entire Map, except possibly small portion of upper alluvial fan)
- Rogers - Not Tested
UNIQUE SAFETY CONCERNS:
- Tall Cliffs around Creek on edge of map
- Bears (no evidence of bears on map (e.g. scat), but is potential bear habitat)
- Creek can be very full in spring - avoid course setting across creek except at bridges in spring
- Barbed Wire Fences
- Nearest Hospital: Shuswap General Hospital
- Shuswap Volunteer Search And Rescue: Call 911
- RCMP: Call 911
PICTURE TAKEN BY SAGE ON MAP:
Map could be expanded onto the bench South of the Creek, currently unexplored area.
Events on this map
|Haines Creek - New Forest Map! (SA)||May 13, 2017|
|Haines Creek Training (SA)||Apr 28, 2019|
|Haines Creek (SA)||Apr 13, 2020|
|Haines Creek (SA)||Sep 28, 2021|