|Events on map||2|
PRODUCTION AND REVISIONS:
There are two maps:
- 5 meter contour map at 1:10000 that covers the central trails from the north end of Plantation Place south to bottom of Devil's Lunge. Updated in 2019 to the new 2019 Ski-O Standard and to include all new Sprint Trails, and Arwen's Dream. Produced in Open Orienteering Mapper 0.9.1 by David Bakker. Uses 5m contours hand drawn from LiDAR derived 1m contour basemap. Shown in the map image at 600dpi for letter sized paper.
- Older 10m contour map from 2011 for OCAD 8 that covers the entire trail system - missing some of the newer trails. Send David an email if you want this one, it is not on our NextCloud server.
1 Small private land section just south of the Chalet, otherwise crown
land. Chalet area use requires permission from Larch Hills Nordics.
Area is a BC Sites and Trails Recreation site, so requires permission
from Front Counter BC.
Safety Bearing: East to Larch Hills Road
CELL PHONE COVERAGE:
- Telus/Koodoo/Public Mobile/Bell/Virgin - Patchy - full details from Larch Hills Nordics:
- Rogers - Not Tested
UNIQUE SAFETY CONCERNS:
- Nearest Hospital: Shuswap General Hospital
- Shuswap Volunteer Search And Rescue: Call 911
- RCMP: Call 911
- Main Chalet: 50.708801, -119.135556
PICTURE TAKEN BY SAGE ON MAP:
None taken yet.
Events on this map
|Ski-Orienteering Larch Hills||Dec 31, 2016|
|Ski-O Larch Hills (SA)||Dec 31, 2017|