Two clinics in one. Orienteering skills training and Orienteering Coaching.
Coach Brent Langbakk will design a coaching program that will focus on various orienteering techniques. Special instruction will be provided to coaches who will then worked with the athletes in small groups.
A weekend of athlete development, coaching skills and practical development.
- two streams: improve your coaching skills or improve your orienteering skills
- Mcqueen Lake Centre
- Great maps and great venue
- Sprint and Long event
- Fri pm: coaching theory and prep for Sat
- Sat am: in field session of coaches working with athletes
- Sat pm: in field session of coaches working with athletes
- Sat after dinner: coach theory
- Sun am: in field session with coaches
- Sun pm: in field session with coaches
- Sun pm: SPRINT race (grassland sprint - Bunker Bench)
- Sun after dinner: coaches do goal setting with athletes
- Monday am: LONG race (McQueen Lake map)
Accommodation and Food
Cabins with bunk beds are available at the McQueen Lake Centre and are available beginning on Friday night. Each cabin has 6-8 beds. Bring your own mattress and sleeping bag. We are limited to 70 people, so book early! Info on the Centre is available at http://www.mcqueenlake.com/. Very limited camping is also available on site at a cost of $15 per person per night. Undeveloped forest recreation camping sites are available close to the centre but they will be busy for the long weekend. Kamloops is 30 minutes from the map and has a wide variety of hotels and motels.The Centre has good cooking facilities with a large propane cooker and hot water. Evening meal Saturday - Indian food and Sunday - burgers are included in the camp cost. Please bring your own food for Friday night, breakfasts, lunches and snacks. The bathrooms are also very good. The highlight is a large and expensive composting toilet. There are showers but hot water is limited.
Please bring own plate, cups and cutlery for meals.
Child care can be available if there is enough interest for this. There will be small children in attendance. Informal child minding can be arranged.
Long Event and Sprint Event
Details to come........
Long will be held on Mcqueen Lake map. Course planner: Alan Vyse; Controller: Murray Foubister
Sprint will be held on Bunker Bench grassland map (in Kamloops) Course planner: Jackie Bonn; Controller: Murray Foubister