Map: Mount Dufferin
The third and final Kamloops weeknight of the fall, this will have a mix of beginner and advanced courses. We will be meeting at the parking lot off the copperhead exit. There are a couple of Sunday events in Kamloops still planned.
At least two courses, which have yet to be finalized to no distances posted. There will be a shorter course and a longer course.
- 17:30 - Registration Opens, First-Timer instruction, and courses open
- 19:00 - Courses Close
You can come out anytime, no experience required! We have someone on hand at all our events to help teach the basics to get you started.
We think everyone should try this unique sport and especially if you:
- Have heard about this unusual sport of orienteering and would like to learn more about it;
- Enjoy running or hiking but get a little bored grinding out the miles;
- Enjoy maps and thinking on the run;
- Don't enjoy maps but want to learn to read them better (5 Reasons Why We Should Still Read Maps);
- Are interested in an activity that you can do with your friends or as a whole family;
- Love being outdoors or in the woods.
Ensure that you have good footwear for running on and off trails with decent grip. Wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! If it's wet outside you might want to consider a change of shoes and socks. A compass is optional. If you have a whistle, please bring one. Wear running clothes suitable for being outside and active and suitable for the weather. Bring something to drink and some snacks for afterwards.
How to Sign Up For This Week:
Click the "+ Register" button next to your desired course. Follow the instructions. This signs you up for your course so we know how many people are coming to the event and how many maps to print of each course. Help us keep costs low and save the environment by preventing over-printing of maps!
insurance purposes, all participants must be members of the Sage
Orienteering Club. Membership gives you access to all Orienteering
Canada events across the country, including all Sage Orienteering Club
events. A membership form can be found
here, or is available at any of our events. To speed things up at registration, please print off the form and bring it with you to your first event. The membership costs are as follows:
- Family - $40
- Adult - $20
- Youth - $10
If you are not sure if this is a good fit for you and your family, come try it for $5/person ($10/family). If you purchased membership this past spring, you are still covered for all events until the end of the calendar year.
Costs per person: (membership required)
- $5/person (to a maximum of $10/family) - or try without membership on your first time for the same price!
Questions or concerns? Feel free and contact us!