|Events on map||1|
1:15000 map file, best printed at 1:10000.
Uses LiDAR data from the OBWB and falls under out data use agreement with the OBWB.
PRODUCTION AND REVISIONS:Created in 2020 by David Bakker. Open Orienteering Mapper 0.9.2 file
Created at 1:15000 but best printed at 1:10000 on a letter sized sheet - that is how the layout file is set up.
Entirely crown land, but within the Kelowna Nordic Recreation Site - so Rec. Sites and Trails BC (Vernon Office) is relevant permitting office for large events.
Kelowna Nordic is main stakeholder in the area.
Safety Bearing: East to Highway 33
CELL PHONE COVERAGE:
- Telus/Koodoo/Public Mobile/Bell/Virgin - Poor (only small sections on certain sides of hills (including Highway 33 parking lot) have service)
- Rogers - Not Tested
UNIQUE SAFETY CONCERNS:
- A Couple of Tall Cliffs that pose a safety hazard
- Wildlife: Bears, Moose, etc.
- Large Marshes
- Nearest Hospital: Kelowna General Hospital (~35 minute drive)
- Central Okanagan Search And Rescue (COSAR): Call 911
- RCMP: Call 911
No usual start/finish picked yet.
Events on this map
|Big Junction (OK)||Jun 29, 2020|