|Events on map||1|
NOTE: Majority of this park is currently closed to all use (as of August 2020), so is currently not suitable for orienteering.
1:10,000 (mapped at 1:15000); 5m contours
PRODUCTION AND REVISIONS:
David Bakker (2020) in Open Orienteering Mapper 0.9.2. ISOM2017-V2.
Contours hand traced from City of Kelowna (LiDAR based pre-processed 1m contours) and Central Okanagan Regional District (LiDAR based pre-processed 2m contours).
Central Okanagan Regional District Park (half within City of Kelowna jurisdiction, upper half in Central Okanagan Regional District). Need to get permission from RDCO Parks department for events.
- Kelowna Open Government Licence - We are require to print the text "Contains information licensed under the Open Government Licence –City of Kelowna." on the map.
Safety Bearing: West (Downhill) to Barbed Wire Fence.
CELL PHONE COVERAGE:
- Telus/Koodoo/Public Mobile/Bell/Virgin - Excellent (entire map multiple bars)
- Rogers - Not Tested
UNIQUE SAFETY CONCERNS:
- Tall Cliffs
- Limited Cacti (one observed spot only)
- Barbed Wire Fences (some ruined through middle of map)
- Nearest Hospital: Kelowna General Hospital
- Central Okanagan Search And Rescue: Call 911
- RCMP: Call 911
Swainson Road Trailhead: 49.888515°N -119.345235°W
PICTURE TAKEN BY SAGE ON MAP:
Events on this map
|Black Knight - Get Outside Training (OK)||Mar 28, 2020|