|Events on map||3|
WARNING: Public safety in this area has decreased drastically in 2020, and there has been a significant uptick in drinking and motorized use, use of the unofficial shooting range to the east of the mapped area, and a general decrease in the safety of the area. At present (August 2020), we strongly suggest not using this area.
A much larger, forested version of this map (Postill Prominatory) is also part way through production (August 2020), but has been stalled out due to COVID-19. Hopefully this new expanded map can be completed in 2021.
1:4,000; 2m contours
PRODUCTION AND REVISIONS:
Base map from Regional District of Central Okanagan 2014 2m Contours, produced in April 2019 (small expansion in August 2019) by David Bakker using Open Orienteering Mapper 0.8.3
Crown provincial land. Within the Central Okanagan Regional District. Not a numbered Rec. Site, outside of the District of Lake Country, outside of City of Kelowna.
Okanagan Adventure Running Tournament II (2019)
Safety Bearing: West to Postill Lake Forest Service Road
CELL PHONE COVERAGE:
- Telus/Koodoo/Public Mobile/Bell/Virgin - Excellent (entire map multiple bars)
- Rogers - Not Tested
UNIQUE SAFETY CONCERNS:
- Large Cliffs & Canyon above Mill Creek (the creek on the southern edge of the map).
- Wildlife (possible habitat for bears and Rattlesnakes - although neither have been observed on the map).
- Motorized Off-Road Vehicles
- Unofficial, Unmonitored Shooting Range about 1km to the East above the mapped area (which shoots away from the map area into the hillside).
- Nearest Hospital: Kelowna General Hospital (~30 minutes)
- Central Okanagan Search And Rescue: Call 911
- RCMP: Call 911
- Lowest Part of Postill Lake Road on the map: 49.987755, -119.353115
None taken yet.
Events on this map
|Lower Postill (OK)||Sep 15, 2019|
|Postill - Get Outside Training (OK)||Apr 16, 2020|
|Lower Postill (OK)||Sep 5, 2021|