Sabiston Creek Map information
|Events on map||1|
1:15000; 5m contours
PRODUCTION AND REVISIONS:
2012-14 Bryan Chubb with minor additions by Alan Vyse; based on photogrammetry
Updates (limited trail & Marsh updates) by David Bakker in 2020. Included conversion to .omap (OOMapper 0.9.3 file type), and georeferencing of map file.
North of Road is crown land; south of road is Crown lease held by Indian Gardens Ranch; Dave and Bonnie Haywood Farmer are the ranchers
WCOC 2014 Long and Middle; BCOC 2015 Long and Middle; Sage Stomp XXXII in May 2017
Safety Bearing: Depends on course - typically either south to Sabiston Creek FSR, or North to Sabiston Creek FSR.
CELL PHONE COVERAGE (2020):
- Telus/Koodoo/Public Mobile/Bell/Virgin - VERY LIMITED SERVICE - Select sections of south facing slopes on higher hills get some coverage.
- Rogers - Only select areas tested - spotty coverage including in several low points on the map.
UNIQUE SAFETY CONCERNS:
- Potential Habitat for Bears & Rattlesnakes
- Vehicle Traffic on Sabiston Creek Road
- Barbed Wire Fences
- Nearest Hospital: Royal Inland Hospital (Kamloops) ~ 45 minutes from arena.
- Kamloops Search and Rescue: Call 911
- RCMP: Call 911
- Clearing between major pond and Sabiston Creek Road (WCOC 2014 arena site): 50.793850, -120.877491
- Big clearing surrounding Smith Camp Road (BCOC 2015 arena site): 50.806783, -120.895105
- Other options are available as well
None taken yet.
Events on this map
|Sage Stomp XXXV (Kam)||Sep 19, 2020|