|Events on map||2|
This is the ISOM map. There is also the Buck Eye Knoll (McQueen) sprint map in the same area, but a much smaller piece of it.
Multiple Map Files - download button links to folder instead of individual file:
- "McQueen 15000" raw map file of entire area updated in 2016.
- "McGrasslands" old map file of combined Grasslands and Mcqueen (you likely do not want this older map).
1:15,000; 5m contours
PRODUCTION AND REVISIONS:
base map Karl Jarnst c. 1980; field work by Ross Burnett, Tony Byrne 1980-1; rev. Ross Burnett 1986; Bryan Chubb 1999, OCAD Bryan Chubb 1999; rev Bryan chubb 2008; area reflown 2008 and new base map by Stirling Surveys 2010; field survey 2012-13 by Bryan Chubb and Alan Vyse; Alan Vyse 2015
Crown land to the north and west of McQueen Lake; Nature Conservancy of Canada on East side between Lc du Bois and McQueen and permission needed for major events. SD73 owns McQueen Lake and again permission needed for major events.
2008 Sage Stomp XXIII; 2012 Sage Stomp XXVII,2013 Sage Stomp XXVIII, 2016 Sage Stomp XXXI
CELL PHONE COVERAGE:
- Telus/Koodoo/Public Mobile/Bell/Virgin - None (possibility of some service on southern portions of the map, but none up around the camp).
- Rogers - Not Tested
UNIQUE SAFETY CONCERNS:
- Potential Bear Habitat
- Nearest Hospital: Royal Inland Hospital (Kamloops) ~ 40 minutes
- Kamloops Search and Rescue: Call 911
- RCMP: Call 911
Various Options - Not Filled in Yet
PICTURE TAKEN BY SAGE ON MAP:
None taken yet.
Events on this map
|McQueen South (Kam)||May 22, 2021|
|McQueen Lake (Kam)||Sep 11, 2021|