|Events on map||1|
1:15000; 5m contours
PRODUCTION AND REVISIONS
- 5m contours; total area about 10km2 2002-03 Bryan Chubb;
- expanded and revised 2006-07;
- Map was expanded to southern section in 2007 for the WCOC Middle
- Map converted to OOMapper 0.9.5 file type in 2022 and updated to ISOM2017-2 Standard. Map was also georeferenced at this point in time.
Map based on photogrammetry; original map specified 5m contours but complaints after the first event revealed that it was 7.5m.
LiDAR exists for the NE 1/2 of the map from the BC Open Gov portal (as of 2022).
Gardens Creek Ranch; map is mostly on crown lease; the late Jim Farmer was the contact; now his son
August 2003? COCs with Short and Long events;
Oct 2007 Western Canadian Champs Long and Middle
May 2011 Sage Stomp XXVI with Long Middle and Sprint; Canada Cup and BCOC event
May 2015 Sage Stomp XXX with Long and Rogaine
May 2022 Sage Stomp XXXVII with Training, Middle, and Long.
CELL PHONE COVERAGE:
- Telus/Koodoo/Public Mobile/Bell/Virgin - Not Tested.
- Rogers - Not Tested
UNIQUE SAFETY CONCERNS:
- Potential Habitat for Rattlesnakes
- Barbed Wire Fences
- Large Cliffs
- Nearest Hospital: Royal Inland Hospital (Kamloops) ~ 40 minutes
- Kamloops Search and Rescue: Call 911
- RCMP: Call 911
- Junction of Guichon Creek FSR on Vehicle Track Heading East: 50.731985, -120.832319
- Numerous Other options available
None taken yet.
Events on this map
|Sage Stomp XXXVII (Kam)||May 21, 2022|