|Events on map||2|
Low, single-stranded chain link fences are not mapped. As of August 2020, Map needs updating for West portion of Island where golf course area has been repurposed.
1:15000; 5m contours
PRODUCTION AND REVISIONS:
David Bakker (2017) in Open Orienteering Mapper 0.6.3.
City of Kamloops Park
Safety Bearing: Course is on an Island - Does not really matter. Pick either North to Channel, or South to Thompson River.
CELL PHONE COVERAGE:
- Telus/Koodoo/Public Mobile/Bell/Virgin - Excellent
- Rogers - Not Tested
UNIQUE SAFETY CONCERNS:
- Vehicle Traffic
- Other Park Users (e.g. Baseball)
- Nearest Hospital: Royal Inland Hospital (Kamloops) ~ 15 minutes from arena.
- Kamloops Search and Rescue: Call 911
- RCMP: Call 911
- Various - Lots of good parking lot options.
None taken yet.
Events on this map
|McArthur Island - Learn to Orienteer (Week 2) (Kam)||May 10, 2017|
|"Try It" Orienteering Event McArthur Island (Kam)||Dec 19, 2020|