Organizer: Abbigail May (Event Director)
The second of at least four weeknight events in Salmon Arm this fall, this event will be on an updated version of the Gardom Lake Bible camp map. Although fairly small, it is in an area where we haven't been for many years.
We need organizers for the events of September 29th and October 6th. If you have been orienteering for a year and have a bit of spare time, please consider helping out. Our events depend on volunteers. We can help you with any parts of event organization that you may need help with. If can help us out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5:30 - Registration Opens
- 5:30 - Courses Open
- 7:00 - Courses Close, all participants must report to the finish by this time. It gets dark early, so please respect the volunteer organizers and be back by this time so we can clean up before dark.
This week we will challenge your map memory and visualization skills with a Memory-O. Expect many controls with short distances between them. Trick is you only get to look at the map at the controls and then have to navigate empty handed to your next one. Choose from Longer or Shorter Memory-O options.
Follow the signs to Gardom Lake Bible Camp. Proceed past the office and turn right at the far end of the field. There is parking available by the gym or further on by the large cafeteria building beside the pond.
How to Sign Up for the Event:
- Click the "+ Register" button next to your desired course. Follow the instructions. This signs you up for your course so we know how many people are at the event and how many maps to print of each course.
- Purchase Membership (details below). Membership is good for the calendar year, so if you purchased it in the spring it is still active.
- Bring your 2$ entry fee. This covers printing costs.
Like Us on Facebook:
Please Like us on Facebook for notification on upcoming events, when results are posted, and more. The more likes we get, the more our posts are distributed, the more people learn about our awesome sport!